Financial trader, Ahmed Nassar , 31, has transformed his body in just 12 weeks by hitting the gym and adopting a strict low carb diet.
Nassar wanted to achieve his dream of having less than 10% body fat and knew it would be a difficult dream to achieve since he loved to eat carbs and snacks.
He said: ‘I was always in decent shape and my level of fitness was always good’
‘I knew how to get lean, walking around with 14 to 16 per cent body fat but never managed to get to single-digit body fat levels.
He claims he always had a decent body and would regularly go to the gym, however, his 16% body fat never satisfied him so he decided to take it to the next level.
He found expert trainer Tom MacCormick, from the City Athletic Gym to help him achieve his dream ripped body and was given a strict diet plan and training regime.
City Athletic gym consisted of high level athletes and models, which further inspired Nassar towards his goals as he knew this was the right place for him to be.
He said: ‘It was the right place to learn how to go from lean and in good shape to the level. That’s what inspired me to embark on my transformation.’
So the real question here is how did he manage to do this in 12 weeks?
Nassar’s instructor gave him a 12 week fitness program to follow which included training to “valuable” nutritional plan.
His training routine was decent enough however the main factor which came into play was his dieting.
Nassar was forced to change his diet as he was consuming too much carbs, the new diet reveals a huge difference in the amount of carbs from his previous diet (shown below)
Previous diet :
- Breakfast : Porridge with berries, large Caffè Latte
- Lunch: Pasta salad with chicken breast/sandwich with some other source of protein
- Dinner: Steak or fish with vegetables and a portion of rice
- Snacks: Fruit, chocolate bar, crisps, pre and post-workout drinks
- Breakfast: Three-egg omelette, smoked salmon and half an avocado
- Lunch: A source of protein (chicken, beef etc), lots of vegetables
- Dinner: similar to lunch, with a portion of rice (on workout days)
- Snacks: Replaced with two mini meals, which included a source of lean protein and vegetables
After achieving his dream body he tells anyone who is looking to embark on a similar challenge: ‘It’s never easy to do these sorts of transformations and you have to rely on the support of the people around you.’