An estranged father who shot dead his seven-year-old daughter after being barred from seeing her was accidentally sent the address to the safe house that the young girl and her mother were living in by the mother’s divorce lawyers, it was revealed during an inquest held this week.


[tie_slide] 7-year-old Mary Shipstone was fatally shot by her own father  | yasser3 [/tie_slide]

[tie_slide] Yasser Alromissein killed his own daughter before turning the gun on himself | yasser2 [/tie_slide]


Mary Shipstone was fatally shot as she stood on her doorstep of her home in Northiam, near Rye, East Sussex, after she returned home from school.

Lyndsey Shipstone had married Yasser Alromissein in 2005 after they met in Skelmersdale, Lancashire.

Both mother and daughter later fled from Yasser Alromisse because of his violence towards them and they were given new identities.

In September 2014, Alromisse, 46, tracked down the mother and daughter and waited for them to arrive home from school before shooting the young girl in the head.

Mrs Shipstone raced outside, gathered her daughter in her arms and laid her on a sofa inside.

The schoolgirl who was just days away from her eight birthday was holding her new violin when Mr Alromisse killed her.

She was taken to King’s College Hospital in London but later died of her injuries.

Mr Alromisse then turned the gun on himself and was found in a pool of blood in the rear of his vehicle.

This week a serious case review into Mary Shipstone’s death it was revealed that the girl’s mother had reported to the police that her solicitor had inadvertently revealed her new address to Alromisse in legal papers.

Despite this finding the case review concluded that no-one could have prevented the killing.

Lyndsey Shipstone has said she feels ‘let down and disappointed’ by the police taking no action on her new address being disclosed.

She also criticised some of the support she had received during her five-year court battle with Mr Alromisse over custody of their daughter.

She added: ‘Because it took so long, people underestimated the seriousness.

‘Actually there is a lot of danger – we had the briefest window and then Mary was killed and really nothing was OK.’

The murder has been labelled a ‘spite killing’ – intended to deprive Ms Shipstone of her daughter as he was losing the custody battle.

The last words Lyndsey said to her daughter as she put the key into her front door were: ‘You’ll like what I’ve done to your room.’