Young wife who stabbed her husbands mistress after she said “I hope your son dies” is jailed

A young wife has been jailed for stabbing her husbands teenage mistress after she found out they had been sleeping together while she sat in hospital watching over their premature baby.

Next Prev
Natasha Khan jailed yesterday after admitting wounding with intent | natashakhan2 
Natasha Khan and Hamza Farid with their son Aydin in hospital | natashakhan1 
Next Prev

Natasha Khan, 18, spotted Leah Cryne walking through a park with her husband and launched a frenzied knife attack on her.

Miss Cryne was knifed six times but survived the attack. She was taken to Manchester Royal Infirmary and treated for injuries to her right shoulder and left arm.

Mrs Khan was arrested a short while later at St Mary’s Hospital where her one-month-old baby Aydin was lying gravely ill after being born prematurely.

The infant has since died.

Minshull Street crown court in Manchester heard Mrs Khan had married husband Hamza Farid in an Islamic ceremony and the couple had their first child Aydin together in March 2015.

He was born 24 weeks premature and was kept in hospital.

The court also heard that Mr Farid was secretly meeting up with Miss Cryne while his wife was sat at their baby’s bedside in hospital.

Mrs Khan confronted Miss Cryne in a series of phone calls and during one phone call Miss Cryne told Mrs Khan: “I hope your son dies and when he does I’m going to dig him up and spit on him.”

In response Khan retorted: “Watch it – when I see you, God help you.”

Mrs Khan spotted Miss Cryne by chance near Alexandra Park in Whalley Range and launched a vicious knife attack on her before police were called to the scene.

Prosecutor Vanessa Thompson said: “They found Leah lying on the floor with her arms covered in blood and blood running down her face. Leah said she knew her attacker as Natasha and she was with Hamza Farid.

“She told the officer there was animosity between her and Natasha because Leah had slept with Hamza.

“She recalled the defendant coming out of the park with Mr Farid, saw Leah and again made reference that she had slept with him.

“She took out an implement and began stabbing at her repeatedly. Leah screamed at the defendant to stop and eventually she did – but then told her ‘not to say boo to her again’.”

Miss Cryne had a 1.5cm deep laceration to her right shoulder, 4cm laceration to her left for arm and a 2cm graze to her head and was treated in hospital for two days.

Mrs Khan was arrested the following day and initially denied she was involved in the stabbing but confessed to the attack two weeks later to a support worker saying: “I stabbed her up six times. I stabbed her up.”

“She admitted there had been issues between the two young woman because Leah had been sleeping with her partner,” Miss Thompson said.

“Her clothing was tested for forensic evidence, and there were drops of the complainants blood found on her shoes.”

Mrs Khan was jailed yesterday for three years and four months in a young offenders institute after she admitted wounding with intent and a separate offence failing to answer her bail.

She was also issued with a restraining order preventing her from contacting Miss Cryne indefinitely.

Check Also

amir khan on tv after terror attack2

Amir Khan says he fears for his daughter and fellow British Muslims following terror attack

British Muslim boxer Amir Khan appeared on TV this morning terrorists who kill in the …